Comfort in the Darkness

The last verse from the chapter of our Scriptures titled "The Mantle." Every verse in this tiny chapter (only 7 verses!) is a comfort and relief to read; and I find myself turning to it more and more often lately.


Here it is in full:

1. You who are weary with the world, you who are lonely, you who have suffered hardship, and you who have suffered hurt: come, gather about Me and be enfolded in My mantle. 2. In the inner silence you shall hear Me, and in the inner darkness shall you see Me. 3. And the future shall be better than the past.

4. Come, seek protection in My mantle, for I have turned no creature from Me. Be sheltered in the folds of My garment. 5. For the ills of the world shall pass away, even as the terrors of the night. 6. And the dawn shall be bright with splendour and sweet with the singing of the blessed souls. 7. And I shall be your comfort in the darkness.

Comments