Mid-Moura Check-In

Happy Med Moura!

We're halfway through Moura now, and we can stop to celebrate a small holiday, reflect on the past two weeks, and prepare for the coming final weeks of the year.

Moura has been different this year. I had some of the usual stuff planned: fasting for the first day, and then at least on Mondays thereafter, but this year I've felt almost extremely faint even after a few hours. I would eat breakfast, and made sure I continued to drink liquids (which I always do; there's a possibility I actually have a condition which makes it very important to keep up my liquid intake throughout the day -- getting it checked, but no answers yet), but then go back to feeling faint and sleepy very quickly. So I'd try again on Fridays, only to have a repeat of Monday. It's been very frustrating as I don't know the cause, and disappointing that I can't do what I meant to do.

On the better side, I've been watching some videos on Baha'i religious beliefs and it's been intriguing to discover the ways they see God. The videos I have watched have focused on the the vastness of God: the view that there is the completely indescribable side of God that we cannot put a name to (called Hahút, very like the Dark Mother), the 'face' of God which is likened to the will or word of God, the part of God that begins to be describable and is the part of God that is reaching out to us (called Lahút, which in some aspects seems like the Mother and in some aspects the Daughter), and then the angels and messengers that come down to us and (in their view, through the prophets) physically lead us.

While it is beautiful and complex, I do think it is a belief system that is based on a misconception of what a prophet is, though I won't get into that here, but I have enjoyed seeing these views and comparing them to Filianism mentally as I go along. The exercise he uses of really delving into what it means for God to be the 'All-Knowing' when, as he says often, he doesn't even know how many socks he has is a great example and helps get a better perspective of the grandness of God.

I hope your Moura is going well and you have a good Med Moura! Are you ready for the last two weeks of the year? Eastre is coming soon!!



Comments