Nearly Cuivanya...

3341 Abolan 16
Tomorrow is Cuivanya!

What do you do for Cuivanya? I'm refreshing my shrine -- physically cleaning it, giving it a good dusting, decorating for autumn -- then I'll be lighting some candles and putting some lovely spice cookies and oat milk out. I'll be working all day, so I'll be tired, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Cuivanya is associated with the Dark Mother in that at this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, it's right around harvest time -- a little late for some crops, a little early for others depending on where you live -- which, as with Chelanya, is all about life after death. As last year was Sai Rhavë's year, Cuivanya felt like it was a little sterner, a little darker. This year it feels like this is a joyous time to bring in the year, to celebrate the turning season, to be a part of the wheel of the year (and maybe be a little spooky as well!). Perhaps that's due to Sai Raya's influence? At any rate, all the autumn and Halloween themed goods out and about these days is certainly bringing me some cheer! We got the cutest little autumn Gnome/Tomten at a store over the weekend just because (nearly have a Gnome for every occasion now!). It feels like a happy season this year.

See you tomorrow!

Comments