Abolan 3341


I'm still here!! I'm so incredibly sorry for my absence: I recently started a full time job! I'm only now 'finding my sea legs' as it were, and feel like I'm able to do more after work than I could at first. It wipes me out!
I'm really disappointed that I didn't get to make and share things for the past two months or so, and missed a rather major holiday with you all. I've really missed checking in on Facebook and the blog and catching up with everyone -- I hope you are all doing well as we go into one of the *best* seasons: Autumn!

Filianis don't have to wait until the Equinox to celebrate the start of Autumn, as Autumn begins with the first day of Abolan, the first of the three autumn months. Of course, actual autumn will depend on your location: where I live, autumn doesn't really happen. We get a lingering summer that in normal years stays hot and dry and until the end of November. This year has been delightfully wet and rainy, and rather cool this past week so it's really *felt* like autumn so far. For me, this is the start of Halloween: no matter what the calendar may say, I'm ready for Halloween from the middle of August on! Since I've moved away from where I used to live, there aren't as many reminders of Abolan as there used to be: no apple fairs and festivals and lots of fresh apples everywhere you look. But I have seen pumpkins already in the grocery store, so I'll take what I can get! Are you excited for Autumn? Halloween? How are you?? I'd love to catch up!

Comments