Your Mother Loves You

I got started making this with the longer verse, and the moment I put the first part up - I thought, well, that looks finished already!
 
 
I was re-watching a show yesterday. Things in the episode weren't going well, and one character asks of another "Of all the things I can do for you, of the thousands of things that I want to do for you - is that all you ask of me?" Though I'd seen it before, this line stood out to me.
 

I've heard it before from other monotheist writers - that God is just waiting to give us love, and all we have to do is ask; but too often we squander this ability by restraining ourselves in one way or another. We save prayer for later, or only when things are going wrong.
 
But some of the most beautiful times can come when we spend time with Our Mother. One of my favourite things to do is pray a decade of the Rosary - with or without beads, just to pause for a moment and really pray it. It was sort of ordinary at first, even once I knew the prayers by heart. But it turned into something wonderful over time - I feel safe and loved the entire time I pray it. It's like a really nice hug you can have whenever you want.
 
"Your Mother loves you - and delights in giving Her grace." (The Teachings of the Daughter, end of verse 18)

Comments