Happy Summer!

Rose season has returned! Roses are in abundance in the Filianic world, and they fill the summertime with their rich colour and heady scent.



As I've written before on this blog about my dislike for irregular 'seasons' that so greatly grow and diminish from one year to the next, rather than waiting for Helati to open the season of fire and rose I've decided to let the beginning of Rosea itself be the opener, running up to a solstice with two holidays combined (Helati and Rose of Heaven). This gives me a stable 'season' of eight days each year to really dig in to the concepts and meditations this time of year brings us.
 
For the past seven years I've been getting slowly introduced to the Janyati primarily through the lessons they bring in Moura; this year being a sort of homecoming, a return to the starting position, I'm trying to be more consciously aware of them at other times as well. Summer in the past has been a time I've been a little wary of, almost as much as Moura, as our summer holidays deal with the concepts and beliefs we have about life beyond death, the soul, and so on. After spending the last two years being thoroughly convinced about the reality of life beyond death, I'm rather looking forward to this summer and strengthening that understanding!
 
Happy summer! 

If you are celebrating Helati and Rosa Mundi/Rosa Caeli/Rose of Heaven in the traditional fashion: as Helati lands this year on a last quarter moon (Rosea 9/June 21), Rosa Caeli will come with the new moon on Rosea 16/June 29.

Comments