The Evil of the World

I actually made this back in May 2021 (oops).

Never quite liked it then, but I find I like it the more I look at it. So maybe it's okay.

The evils of the world are so many. I find myself more and more wearied by them; it's harder for me to even argue against them. I attribute at least some of this to my age -- as ridiculous as that may sound! -- as the older I get, the more tired I become. When I was a very young teenager, the best feeling in the world was anger. It made me feel alive. I was also painfully introverted and socially anxious, so I did all my arguing online in the comments section, but I loved to argue about anything. I'd argue over whether the sky was really blue if it meant it got someone riled up.

Over time, arguing became a habit, a response I always gave; always looking for the flaw, even when it became harder and harder to keep doing it.

Now anger feels so exhausting. I think I must have worn myself out! My first response more and more these days is to simply ask for endurance. The strength to get me through the day. To get me through this moment. To get me through this life.

There are so many evils in this world. I spent a good deal of my youth thinking I could just bring awareness to things, argue a good bit, and find the world fixing itself. Now I've had to learn to lean on our Mother more and more as I realize more than I ever did the extent of those evils. The past twenty years now show themselves to have been a life lesson in that old prayer: grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference!

~*~

On the context of this verse: I do not believe that any revealed religion is 100% true. I do not believe that subscription to the right religion or faith in the right deity is the only way to heaven; I base this on the research into NDEs (near death experiences) that show glimpses into the afterlife. I believe verses like these in the Filianic Scriptures were inspired by similar verses in the Christian Bible concerning faith in Jesus and letting him 'live through you' to save your soul, which, though such inspiration is understandable, is not Truth.

Given the experiences reported by most of those who have had an NDE, I do not think any particular religion holds the key to your soul, nor do I think you have to let a deity live through you. Instead I appreciate the Truth underlying our religious search and Scriptures: that God exists, that God absolutely loves us, and that resting in that love is immensely valuable to us in this life. Turning to God in the midst of our struggle and holding on to the Truth of that love is immeasurably valuable. I have no idea what this world is about, and what to do about all the evil in it, but God is there with us throughout.

I highly recommend Science and the Afterlife Experience: Evidence for the Immortality of Consciousness and Science & the Near-Death Experience: How Consciousness Survives Death on the topic of NDEs if you would like to learn more about them; they are absolutely phenomenal reads.


The Secret of the World, verse 18-19:

"Seek not to conquer kear alone nor cleave alone to good, but open your heart to Me, and let Me live through you, for I shall open the way to your true soul, your laughing soul, all robed in white even lovelier than the sun; and through My death she shall be purified. Turn from the evil of the world and come to Me, and I shall lead you to your heart's true home."

Comments