Drop of Dew: Moura Eve

"Love is the force of harmony by which all existence is made possible." (2:1:30)


We enter into Moura tomorrow: a month dedicated to that eternal Mystery wherein love makes existence possible. I've written a bit about Moura on the blog over the years -- last year's post is a good reference point, and there is of course the Moura tag for all posts on this topic -- usually only from a practical standpoint of what is done in Moura and how we view it.
 
But Moura is so much more than "Filianic Lent", a vast deal more than abstention or fasts or disciplines or how many Rosaries one can say. It is without doubt the one major thing about this faith that has kept me coming back to Filianism over and over again. There is something so beautiful, so powerful, about this one month in our calendar that always reaches out to me whenever I slip in my faith.
 
If there is nothing else you take away from my blog, it is that I am a severe waffler, am made of (at least) 90% indecision, and am generally weak at forming lasting habits or convictions. But whenever I start to slide, one of the very first things I think about is Moura. I can't miss Moura -- so I'll hold on. Rather than Lent, it feels more like Ramadan, that looking forward to it, anticipating it, planning for it, experiencing it. Though Moura is always hard on some level, the nearness of our Mother is unparalleled.
 
I'm not a mystic, and I don't claim to have grand personal spiritual experiences. But all throughout Moura there's a clear feeling of having our Mother near us, almost or completely without trying; like She is reaching out more than ever -- which, though Moura is a sombre period, makes perfect sense, as this is the Time when our Mother reaches out to us through time and space to come to us no matter where we are. While the rest of the year has its ups and downs, Moura feels like a giant refresh, a time to just sink into the Spirit our Mother, and feel Her presence before we start the year's round over again.

May our Mother bless Moura!

"It is love that holds the drop of dew pendant upon a blade of grass, not flowing forth in watery profusion, but swelling within the unseen urn of its brief harmony." The Crystal Tablet, verse 33.

Comments