Day of Our Sovereign Lady; Musings

Just popping in on the Day of Our Sovereign Lady to say this is maybe my favourite day of this year so far.

So I put away a lot of the books I had been reading because just thinking about continuing to read them filled me with dread. I didn't want to keep facing this idea that they had introduced that maybe God was so much of an 'Other' that we had no hope of ever communicating or reaching Her in any way. I literally didn't want to face it in any way - I kept myself covered in blankets or wore coats with the hood up just to feel insulated from the seeming emptiness of the world now that I thought God was unreachable.

It put me in a really depressed state.

But today....It just suddenly bloomed in my heart that maybe it's all okay. I could literally feel the Mother come in and say hello - just take it easy. It's all so much simpler than this.

And then I realized it was the Day of Our Sovereign Lady. The article linked below is even more appropriate this year, ruled by Sai Thamë as it is, and I love reading it. The idea of us being Her children really appealed to me today and gently woke me from a really harsh cycle I had imposed upon myself. It was what I had hoped for in the new year, with the coming of Eastre, and I am so relieved that the change *did* come after all, and that it came as it did.

(I'm not sure I ever want to go back to finish my reading though? On the one hand, it feels cowardly or unscholarly to avoid books because 'they make me feel bad', but on the other hand it feels necessary to avoid materials that make me feel quite *that bad*, especially now when I've experienced differently.)

http://www.mother-god.com/princess-mp3.html

Comments