Moura Reflections 3338

This Moura has been really difficult (as perhaps it should always be?). I've been going through an unintentional, and entirely unplanned, 'dark night' that is however entirely appropriate to the Season. It's been really tearing at me, all these things and doubts and worries smashing into me at once. It was provoked by a series of really excellent books that I've been reading, of the historical/philosophical bent, and all the ideas in it just sort of exploded everything I wanted to hold onto.

Within the past few days my entire idea of how we connect to God Herself has been completely reworked, which is understandably painful! But to say any of it out loud, to write any of it down, in any attempt to explain it to others always make it feel cheap, like none of it is really important or worth telling.

I'm not even really sure if I'm through it yet, or if I'm just on a bit of a pause before it continues. But to be honest, one of my favourite things in Filianism is Moura, for precisely this reason. Moura is an official time that allows us to work through our doubts and pains, allows us to recognise that we DO feel separated from the Divine, and then, after working through all that, recollects us and soothes us at the end by reminding us however separated we feel, She's still reaching out to us and holding on.

And for that I can't wait for Eastre.

Comments