Mirror of Pure Love

"Who shall envy the mighty of this world that are the captains of a sinking vessel? The simple heart is heir to wealth beyond all knowing."


In the New Celestial Union version, the verse in this image is the first line of the final paragraph in the Way of Simplicity. "Let your soul be simple, that she may be a mirror of pure love. For the truth is such that a child may understand it, yet the sage, if she have not simplicity and love, may struggle for it all her life and at the end have nothing. What is your truth if it cannot be shared with a child? For in the eyes of Eternity, how little is the space between an infant and the wisest of the world."

(This line is moved to the end of the paragraph before, in the Eastminster Critical Edition of the Clear Recital.)

The Way of Simplicity has so much to mine, so much wisdom to take in, that I've rather gotten stuck in it! It's been a while since I've done a different chapter. I'm either using verses from the Way of Simplicity, or I'm looking ahead and making some Nativity-themed ones. (Which I am so ready to share!! I might have made too many at this point.....)

Comments