Advent 2018


Advent begins today!

As explained on the Janyati page, the starting day of the week this year is Wednesday, so candles will be lit every Wednesday for the next four weeks until the 25th of December.

My personal laptop is in for repairs until next week, so I had thought I wouldn't be able to get these posts up in time, but I was able to borrow another computer for the time being!

The past couple of weeks have been really difficult. I finally started a job, after much searching, though it is just a job in fast food. I've been enjoying it pretty well until these past two weeks when it's been crazy busy without a break. I've been working every single day since last Thursday - weekends included - and this Thursday (tomorrow as of this writing) is my only break until next week.

Working for six straight days in extremely fast-paced environments have worn me right out mentally, and it was so lovely to come home at the end of a long day, knowing it was finally, finally Advent, and I put together a small display in the front room. Absolutely everything in it came from various local thrift stores - a bag of greenery, crystal candle holders, the candles themselves - and it looks just lovely. It's always nice to be able to repurpose items, and even more so when you can make something truly nice out of it. I'll have to wait to share photos of it until my computer comes back (and I can find the cord to connect my camera!), but as it is, Advent is already making such a difference for me. There is something truly wonderful in the waiting for Nativity; it's the best part of the year in many ways, that waiting. Enjoying the anticipation, the arrival of - the Day. Christmas/Nativity is wonderful at the end, but this season of Advent before it is honestly my favourite time of year.

I hope you are having a lovely beginning to your Advent, wherever you are in the world!

Comments