2nd Week of Advent & Angels

3336 Astraea 14 - This week saw me finally free of collegiate duties - no more finals! No more essays! - with final grades posted on Thursday; some attempts at Yuletide shopping (not much luck there yet); and a quiet weekend of reading and Tumblr-trawling.

I did light the candles again on Monday for the 2nd week of Advent - I am now definitely certain that they will all make it quite well through the remaining nights:


I feel rather silly for ever doubting them. XD And then when I went out shopping with my family, what do I find on the shelf but this bundle:

Ready for next Advent already - lovely pastels and perfectly traditionally coloured, haha!

A local thrift store has had me in raptures: they constantly have new pieces in every time I visit; shelves filled with the most delightful objects, and always at least three that I want to take home with me! There are so many that would be appropriate for the Filyanis' shrine or altar - on Friday, it was very flower-centric, with a maiden and a basket full of flowers, or a large porcelain piece of an angel with flowers, surrounded by children; though there were two of the happiest angels I've ever seen in my life dancing with little winged girls, or holding a babe close.

Of course, a few leapt into my basket! I discovered this Angel, and found out that I already had her twin: I had no idea they were of a set - I wish I could look them up online and find out if there are more of them, but no luck yet!


And this lovely serene lady used to light up - there is a small bulb of the type you see on a Yule tree this time of year in the bundle of flowers she holds. Next to her, I put the vase I got: as I wrote on the Prayer Group (on Facebook), I'm already thinking of Florimaia and Eastre and all the flowery themed days coming in the Spring!


There are some new images put up on the Facebook page: I've gotten through three more chapters of the Minor Scriptures (On Our Mother's Love, Temple of the Heart, & the Foolish Maiden) that I'll post here shortly, and they are posted on Tumblr. I remembered last night that I have been neglecting the Pinterest location, so I will try to log on sometime this evening and get them on their appropriate albums there also. I should like to be getting to some more seasonal verses, so I would like to stop in the Minor Scriptures for the time being and focus on the holidays for now!

Comments