Welcome Autumn!

'Tis one of the most magical times of year - Autumn!

Today marks the first day of the first month of the autumnal season in the Filianic calendar - Abolan!


This month is named for apples, and reminds me of the word 'abundance' - we're now into the harvest festival season, and we're leaving summer behind properly during this time period.

The leaves have already begun changing where I live - a few picked out in red right outside the kitchen-window from the beginning of August every year - and we can look forward to chillier air and the whisper of change in the wind. I'm a big fan of Halloween, and nothing says Halloween more than that magical shift in the air this time of year.

This month we also have the second of the Mysteries of Life Festivals, Cuivanya, on the Equinox (17 Abolan, 21 September). I'm not sure what I'll do to mark the day right now - what is something you do/would like to do to mark the festival? It's a day off between classes for me, so I'll likely be busy with homework, but I'll definitely make up a cup of sweet apple spiced chai, and remind myself of the verses of Our Lady - of the apple seed of wisdom, and the reminder that She sustains us through the harvest.

Happy Abolan everyone!

Comments